Saturday, October 10, 2009

2 weeks down and feeling GREAT

Hi guys -

A big thanx to everyone who has shown and expressed their support to me.

I am now back to daily editing this page.

To be honest I had some technical difficulties as I am not naturally a super geek blogger and had to be shown how the whole thing works.

It kind of made me feel they way I imagine my grandmother feels about texting and email.

Its so good that I have inspired so many of you to start your own transformations and that my blog was the motivation you needed to start now and not in 3, 6 or 9 months time.

Making the decision to change your life and improve your health and happiness is a fantastic decision.

Too many times I have had people tell me that now is not the right time and you know what it NEVER is.

If you are looking for an excuse for why now is not the right time to start then you will always find one.

BUT if you concentrate on looking for the reason WHY NOW is the right time, your reasons why you can start now will always out number the reasons why you cannot start now.

One of my mentors Pat Mesiti (world class motivation coach) once told me not to forget the word AND.

He said most people think they can only have this or that or do this or that and have to make a choice.

Pat told me that all you have to do is put the word AND in between and you can have and do both.

He simply said why not have both, why not do both and it makes a lot of sense, the only person telling us we cannot have and do both is ourselves.

So for an update the last 2 weeks has been so AWESOME, my nutrition and training have been on track but i must admit it has been HARD fitting in 6-7 hours of training per week along with working an average of 40-50 hours.

The best decision I made in my transformation was hiring one of my team of Oxygen Personal trainers to train me and keep me accountable 3 days per week.

Like I mentioned in my first blog that yes I know what I need to do as I have been a personal trainer for 8 years.

But as the studio continues to grow and I am so busy its too easy for me to pritoritise my clients and business first and neglect my own needs.

So even though the last thing I feel like doing at 2pm on a Friday after a long week and working back to back from 5am is completing a super hard training session I do it and it gets done as I have booked Danas 3 days a week and he is their waiting for me.

For example on Fridays straight after I train Nyree at 1pm (who by the way has lost 5kgs in her first month) my session is next and I must say I feel so GOOD afterwards.

The hour goes quite quickly and I feel totally renewed so I can complete the rest of my day which usually ends around 7pm.

The other thing about me is I can tend to be an ALL or Nothing type person so when I train I want to workout HARD, I push myself way harder then I do my clients and expect more from myself then anyone else does.

It really makes sense for me to use a trainer as I know I will be truly satisfied with the time I have invested in myself as I know that every minute of that hour was worth it and I will have worked out to my full extent in a time efficient and effective 60 mins.

So I have had a bunch of questions from clients so I thought I would answer those questions in todays BLOG.

So in case you missed my first BLOGS click here for a Recap.

Questions From my clients

From Catie A: What training are you doing each day?

Vix Reply:
Monday: 5km run at 7.45am and a 60min Personal Training at 3pm with Danas

Tuesdays: 5km Interval run (goal to build upto 10km)

Wednesdays: Personal training at 8am with Danas

Thursdays: Energise at 10.30am (this is an exclusive Oxygen employees only session where the Team go head to head to break records and average heart rates)

Fridays: 5km run at 8am and a 60min Personal training at 2pm with Danas

Saturdays: Day off training

Sundays: 60min easy run


From Sue C: What type of exercises do you do in your Personal training sessions and do you get sore?

Vix Reply: I think I have been sore everyday since I started, but it is a good sore, that kind of sore that reminds you that you worked out yesterday so that in itself is motivating and encouraging for me.

I associate being sore with my body changing by toning up and burning fat.

Your body burns more calories when its sore as its in a state of self repair so all of your systems work a little harder.

In my training sessions we do a lot of heavy weights with multiple sets of each body part for fatloss and dynamic strength work that gets the heart rate up.

My recovery periods between each set or exercise are minimal (20-30 secs MAX).

In most sessions we cover all the large muscle groups such as chest, back, biceps, triceps, quads, hamstrings and abs.

We do things like supersets, drop sets and crossfit type drills.

From Kimberley M: Since you are the boss and a successful trainer do you ever want to take charge of your personal training sessions and not do what Danas wants you to or are you a good client?

Vix Reply: I think Danas would agree that I am what we call a A type client.

I turn up, never complain, listen to my instructions and deliver and execute every exercise with focus and attention to my form and technique.

When Danas asks me if a weight is heavy enough I am always honest and always try to lift heavier and heavier each time pushing myself out of my comfort zone.

Yes I do let the occasional F word out but only because I pushed myself to fatigue on the last of every rep.

Sometimes I get disappointed in myself if I cant do something as good as what I think I should be able to do it but that again only motivates me to prove to myself that I can get back to that superfit state I once was.


From Kate: I noticed that you are vegetarian and there are a lot of things in your food diary that are not in calorie king or in the supermarket, where do you mostly shop and how did you enter these foods into calorie king.

Vix Reply: Yep you are right I dont eat any animal products including seafood, eggs or dairy.

I am a true animal lover and 16 years ago made the decision to become vegetarian.

I do not agree with the inhumane methods used on animals farmed for human consumption.

I am sure there would be far more vegetarians in the world if more people explored the true cruel and horrific circumstances that animals go thru.

It is sad that this is just so humans can become more obese and die younger of heart disease and cancers.

For the horrible truth checkout PETA or Animals Australia

We buy many of our ingredients from specialty and health food stores such as Maloneys on Coogee Bay road, 7th Heaven wholefoods on Belmore road Randwick, Green Gourmet at Newtown and the rest you will find in the health food isle at Coles.

The great thing about calorie king is you can add custom foods to your diary.

To add a custom food into calorie king just click on the custom foods link on the right and then click add a new custom food and simply enter in all the nutrition info from the product you are entering, give it a name and its done.

To convert kj to cal just divide the kj by 4.18.


So if you have any questions please feel free ask and I will post my replys ASAP.

In the meantime I will be posting my daily workouts, how I am feeling and my nutrition diary

No comments:

Post a Comment